Wednesday 21 September 2011

My new acer laptop mouse pad left clicker has the name options as my right clicker and I can't change it!!?

You know when you click with your right clicker copy,paste, properties, ect. comes up but the same options comes up when

I click the left clicker as well. I don't know how to change it I have changed all the options nd everything.
My new acer laptop mouse pad left clicker has the name options as my right clicker and I can't change it!!?
Go to your control panel and double click on your mouse. Browse through your options and make sure your mouse isn't set up for a left-handed user (which would reverse the buttons)
My new acer laptop mouse pad left clicker has the name options as my right clicker and I can't change it!!?
the pad is probably broken, just return the computer
Does this happen everyday...all the time? I have some spy ware that did that. It is also possible that a button on the keyboard is stuck too.
This could be a hardware fault, ie. problem with the actual touchpad, or it could be a setting that's somehow been changed without your knowledge.



The easiest way to work out which it is would be to do a System Restore back to a point when you know the touchpad was working correctly. If you've installed programs recently, you may lose these but you won't lose any documents or anything.



System Restore actually sorts out quite a few problems, and if the problem has been caused by a setting, it will almost certainly correct it. If the problem is still there, it's likely to be hardware-related and you should return it to the store for repair or replacement as I assume it's still under warranty if it's new.