Wednesday 21 September 2011

I have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?

A previous wonderer posed the following question:



%26quot;You may be wondering why on earth would you want two mice connected to your computer? It is simple I have a game called Ricochet Infinity which is a breakout type game and it has a sort of multiplayer feature. now in order to be able to play against someone you have to have multiple mice hooked up to your computer. I usually play that by myself(to give myself a challenge) by using both mice by myself but I have a hard time getting used to my left hand because the buttons are configured for the right hand. I would like to know if there is a way to change the left mouse's buttons without changing the right mouse button configuration buttons so that the right mouse has the button configuration for a right handed person while the left mouse has the button configuration for a left handed person. If that is possible can anyone tell me how?%26quot;



(question ID 20081016082245AA3zz9b)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081016082245AA3zz9b



The %26quot;best answer%26quot;, as chosen by voters -- and thus exemplifying well the virtue of our 'democratic' values was this:



%26quot;you go to options and control settings%26quot;



Now I don't think this information was helpful in any way, although it was chosen by seven voters and voted against by none. Unfortunately I don't get to vote, since I'm a tycho here. Nevertheless, I am quite knowledgeable about computers.



Obviously one can change the /mouse/ from left-handed to right-handed and vice versa from Control Panel -%26gt; Mouse. I'm sure the original asker of the question already knows /this/. But Control Panel doesn't take into consideration the question of /mice/, in the plural.



The problem the asker is having is that in configuring the 'mouse' via the Windows control panel, both mice are configured /identically/, whereas he/she would wish them to be configured /oppositely/! As far as /I/ can tell, it doesn't seem possible to have two mice configured thus in Windows XP (nor, apparently, in KDE, as I discovered while researching this issue in other forums), i.e. one left-handed, and the other right-handed.



I'm wondering the same thing as the original poster, and no one has yet provided a sufficient answer. I'll be back to share a solution, of course, if I find one independently. In the meantime I would appreciate any more, er... thoughtful replies.
I have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?
I don't think it's possible. one of the many features microsoft never thought of including is multiple separate mice and keyboards.

I share the dual problem with multiplayer frets on fire and 2 keyboards
I have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?
It is possible with a $20 program called %26quot;mouse manager%26quot; from someone called %26quot;kingz software%26quot;. 30-day tryout.

Report Abuse


I successfully did this before my computer was replaced by IT. I had the original mouse configured for left hand use....then I plugged in a new mouse (microsoft intellimouse) and it brought up a slightly different mouse manager software, and I just used the default settings and it was right handed.

Report Abuse


I am in the process of trying to repeat my settings on my new computer (same Win XP and user profile and everything) but haven't quite figured it out, yet.

Report Abuse