Saturday 24 September 2011

Mouse trouble and "My Computer" trouble?

OK, so I have a Sony PCG-FRV27. It's a great laptop. Two problems. 1) My mouse will tab on it's own and go back to a random part in a paragraph whenever I type. It affects all my programs: Word, Internet Explorer, everything. 2) When i open %26quot;My Computer%26quot; usually I can click %26quot; Drive C%26quot; and it will open the drive. But when I do click the drive, it opens a search window for the C Drive. So I have right click the drives to open them. When I do right click them, the %26quot;Search%26quot; option is bolded, instead of the %26quot;open%26quot; option. How do I change this? Thank you for your help. This will make me very happy if I can fix these two things.
Mouse trouble and %26quot;My Computer%26quot; trouble?
Assuming you're using the built-in keyboard and mouse...



1) The above answerer could be right. You might be accidentally tapping the touch pad. Try taping a business card over it.

2) Try downloading and installing the latest chipset and motherboard drivers from Sony. (You might as well download all the other latest drivers too while you're at it.) If that doesn't fix the problem...

3) Remove the keyboard and use some canned air to clean all the dust and dirt out of it. The screws to remove it should be on the bottom and might be marked with a K. If that doesn't fix it...

4) You probably have a hardware problem. Call Dell tech support.



-yk
Mouse trouble and %26quot;My Computer%26quot; trouble?
I think I understand your mouse problem -- I have the same problem with my touchpad mouse. I used Virtual Touchpad Cover ( http://tygielectronics.com/download/vtcv鈥?/a> ) to solve the problem.