Saturday 24 September 2011

My desktop icons are too big, and I've tried everything. Please help!?

Ok, so i had moved about a month ago and had to move my computer. I had lost a cord that connected my computer to the TV and I've just recently found it. I have changed nothing about the computer or TV but desktop icons and the desktop itself is to big for my TV, you have to move your mouse to the edge of the screen to make it scroll. I have adjusted everything i could think of. Another thing that is weird is that when i go to change the resolution, it stays at 1024 by 768 pixels and there are no other options.



I have Windows XP Media Center Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. My computer is a HP Pavilion, Intel Pentium D CPU 2.80GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM with a Physical Address Extension.



The TV i am using for a monitor is a 21 inch Magnavox.



If you have any idea on how to help i would appreciate it big time.
My desktop icons are too big, and I've tried everything. Please help!?
Have you tried to change your screen resolution?



You can do so by:

1) Right click Desktop, and click properties

2) Go to settings

3) move the screen resolution button to make your screen resolution bigger so your icons are smaller



Just in case this does not help, or you cannot increase your screen resolution anymore, in the desktop properties go to:



1) Appearance

2) Check Font size to see if you can make it smaller that way, and if that does not work, go to effects and uncheck large font if it is checked.



This is only for Windows XP.



For vista, you would go to:



1) Right click Desktop

2) Personalize

3) Display Settings, and go from there



or



in Personalize Adjust Font (DPI) to the top right.
My desktop icons are too big, and I've tried everything. Please help!?
right click on your desktop --%26gt; view --%26gt; medium icons