Saturday 24 September 2011

How do we get yahoo to use the old homepage without pop-ups?

I'm not sure how many people have to use the new homepage for yahoo which has pop-ups, but for those of us who do use it it is a terrible experience. With the old page you could click right and open say yahoo finance in a new window. With the new page you can't. You can't even read the headlines on the new yahoo page without occasionally running your mouse over the wrong part of the homepage and getting an unintentional yahoo pop-up. I just want the old page. It was a lot easier and to the point. Yahoo should create a new link to a site that has the old page. I never want to go to this new page again.



I want to note that yahoo ran a story hailing the creator of this new page for quite a few weeks or months. This may be why they fail to recognize the complaints about the page. They should accept that it is not perfect and improve it.



If yahoo doesn't change the page or offer a way to have the old page or something like it as a permanent option, I will have to drop yahoo as the page I see when I click on my browser. I just can't understand why they ignore the complaints about this.



It also would be nice if yahoo staff posted on yahoo answers to respond to issues we have.



One last note. I absolutely have been faithful to yahoo since I started using the net. I even registered a website through yahoo. I don't want to use the monster google or the others. But I have to be happy, so I have to do what I have to do. The new yahoo doesn't make me happy. I hope there is a change to it soon.



If you know of a way to get back the old style yahoo home page without all the pop-ups wasting my eyes and time, let me know. Deleting cookies and trying to find it every time is not an answer!
How do we get yahoo to use the old homepage without pop-ups?
Yahoo wants to keep you on the page longer, by wasting your time with excessive bandwidth, flyouts, and advertising disguised as features. They are telling their advertisers this is engagement on our part. This is not engagement. Engagement is when the user is on the page longer because the user likes that content, and finds it interesting to explore. That is also the reason why they are writing their own stories about it to attract advertisers. Yahoo users are on the page 20% longer now, not because they like the content, but because they are coping with all the flash, flyouts, and excessive advertising, and trying to put that crap down so they can actually get to the content they want. That is not engagement, and it is a waste of people's precious time. Many are boycotting. I am, and have bookmarked my email so I can access it and answers without hitting the home page. I have been using msn for features and content these days, and using google or ask for searches.

If you hate the new homepage, join the boycott, and use the feedback link at the bottom of the page. I hope that everyone who is boycotting sends a feedback that says homepage boycotted, or something like that tomorrow, there are hundreds posting in just this category of answers alone.
How do we get yahoo to use the old homepage without pop-ups?
Try switch to %26quot;Compact View%26quot; from %26quot;Page Options%26quot;.
  • myspace quotes
  • listview bug
  •