Friday 16 September 2011

How do you get your computer to know it still has a CD\DVD burner?

I have windows Vista, and I had to run a total system RESTORE on it. afterwords it would not recognized that It even had a CD/DVD Player or burner installed on it. I don't know if it was something not included with the disks or not. as far as that goes, I don't know if the restore had anything do do with this problem. I downloaded and burned music before and had no problems with it. Today I had downloaded music and paid for it to I had all the music sent to my windows media player that I had burned CDs before and this time it has a pop up saying to Connect a burner and restart windows player. I transferred the music to itunes and it also dose not recognize any CD player or burner to it. so I cannot get the computer to know it has one to use. I also have played CD music on it before by simply inserting a disk and it automatically plays music and now it doesn't do anything at all when I insert a CD. is there any setting I need to change to get this to work or some kind of switch using your mouse that turns it off I just don't know how to tell my computer that it has a CD?DVD player can you tell me what to do? PLEASE HELP
How do you get your computer to know it still has a CD\DVD burner?
You need to reinstall the drivers for Windows to recognize it. You can do this one of two ways: use the CD that came with the burner if you have one, or go on the CD burner manufacturer's website and download the drivers from there.
How do you get your computer to know it still has a CD\DVD burner?
Sounds like you have a bad cd/dvd drive or a bad cable. Check My Computer to see if it still shows a drive at all. You could try replacing the cable to see if that helps. The good news? You can get a new drive for a really low price - usually about $20-25.
  • Ideas for a Summer quilt layout
  • into drilling for oil
  •