Friday 16 September 2011

Adobe CS3 and Vista - Mouse Issue?

I have been using Adobe CS3 for quite some time no. I just got a new PC that has Vista, and the mouse is not working the same (only in CS3). For example: When I use my mouse to point at something so I can make changes, or anything for that matter, it doesn't have the same accuracy. Usually the tip of your mouse is where you are pointing, but it seems to use the middle of the mouse icon as your %26quot;tip%26quot;. It is VERY frustrating and causes me to click in places that I dont mean to.



Note: This is only in Adobe CS3 products ... I know how to change my mouse icon and that doesn't change anything.
Adobe CS3 and Vista - Mouse Issue?
Without knowing your mouse brand, go to the hardware makers website and DL their drivers for Vista. I use CS3 and Vista and don't have any problems.



It may be magnifying itself more in CS3 than other programs because you are trying to be very exact.



For an MS mouse



http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mousea鈥?/a>



For Logitech



http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/suppor鈥?/a>
Adobe CS3 and Vista - Mouse Issue?
I'd advise going into Photoshop preferences, and see whether there's a way to customise how the mouse is interacting with CS3.



Also, check out whether there is mouse management software (giving the abiulity to change mouse cursors, sounds etc) available for your mouse. You might also find what you need in there.....



Hope This Helps



Scots