Friday 16 September 2011

Burnt up about the sudden yahoo TV listings change and the lame excuses for it.?

They claim the page was lost or cancelled, but the TV Gude.com (sponsored?) replacement was there immediately. Yahoo should have warned us, and been honest about it. I find the new format inferior. If you agree please tell Yahoo how you feel and post a complaint whereever you can.



Here are some good replacements.

http://www.tv.com Has great series reviews, but no Info on movies. Use www.imdb.com



http://www.tv.msn.com gives brief synopsis on programs in a popup. There is a link for future airings up to 2 weeks.



http://ww1.titantv.com Their multi color page is very readable and attractive. Details in a popup. No future airing info but, www,imdb.com has that pretty well covered.



http://us.imdb.com/sections/tv/ a small sqare inside each listing gives a very breif synopsis if you pause your mouse on it.



I did not save the page with the exact wording of yahoo's lame excuses. Can someone get a copy to me?



Where can I post my complaint visable to users of yahoo tv?
Burnt up about the sudden yahoo TV listings change and the lame excuses for it.?
Yes.



When I sent Yahoo this e-mail:



Why did you screw up the listings in

Yahoo TV so much? Get rid of this BETA

or allow me to go back to the old

system. The BETA system is slow,

cumbersome, and a real pain in the

butt!!



This is the Yahoo response:



Hello,



Thank you for writing to Yahoo! TV.



We're sorry, but we don't have the feature you are requesting at this

time.



We have reviewed your feedback and appreciate your comments. We are

continually working to make Yahoo! TV better.



Please know that your input is important to us and helps us to keep

improving Yahoo! TV.



If we can be of further assistance with this or another matter, please

let us know.



Thank you again for contacting Yahoo! Customer Care.



Regards,



Kyle



Yahoo! Customer Care

==================

When you fund ouy where to complain to, let me know.



Good luck



Bob
Burnt up about the sudden yahoo TV listings change and the lame excuses for it.?
if TV guide is sponsoring it, they probably get lots of money from them. I liked the TV page before also. It loaded fast and was easy to maneuver. thanks for the links.
Yeah just go do a search on (the new YAHOO SUCKS) on google and you get thousands of results from ex yahoo users.

I would think they depend on high volumes of traffic to get their advert. revenue.I use TV Guide now,, not as good as the old Yahoo listings but they are better then the new ones.Also on MY YAHOO I have the listeng on the page, and they are alot like the old Yahoo listings.I guess when they upgrade MY YAHOO and force a newer version on us I will join all the other ex yahoo users.

I am really glad they let me use the old Yahoo mail format cause I tried the new one and I hated it.If they force us to change to the newer version I will have to search for a new web based mail server, I only use it for stuff I sign up for on the web so My home web mail will not become full of SPAM.
It is obvious no one actually read your questions. Hey did anyone notice the question marks? One responder even suggested using TVguide.com and never even saw the links to some excellent alternative TV sites, and your reviews of them, which were right on. Talk about attention deficit of your other responders. You lost rocklobster_2402 before it had finished the first sentence.

Seems like the Internet is crawling with ignorance and apathy these days. Oh, how I long for the good old days when it took half a brain to manipulate the requisite tools to surf the rnet.

Now to the questions. I wish I would have saved this and other examples of lapses of judgment made by the new guiding light at yahoo, but I cannot help you with question (1). As far as posting there are many places one can start a blog from, including your yahoo account. Try posting your question again using nomenclature undecipherable by idiots. It seems few understood your point as this many days later I am only your third respondent. Get it together friend, bait with with sugar, then show them it is really vinegar.
You can also use Meevee.com

It works well for me.. and all of the movie search and favorites are still available. Although the caladar option is missing, everything else works well for me.